Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"I thought you had trouble sleeping."



Well, apparently, the long hours of production and post-production have sent our little production blog into a winter hibernation. I'm sorry it's been so long since an update. Hopefully we can stare this schedule in the face and make a bit more time to keep folks in the loop as far as The Nocturnal Third is concerned.

We're going into our scheduled pick-up and re-shoot days this weekend, hoping to gather what little pieces of the puzzle remain to be found. I can't wait to catch up with everyone again.

There exists, in the bowels of my hard drive, a full up-to-date visual assembly of the film, and we've started to receive feedback from close-knit collaborators and mentors, and signs are positive. I, myself, am pretty proud of everything, but the long process of feature film post-production does have me coddling this little Quasimodo right now. The Nocturnal Third is currently without a score, final animation, color correction, composites, and it's even missing a few essential shots (yes, all of these elements have been addressed... loose ends make us deathly anxious here at Wonder Mill). If I'm proud of N3rd in its current form, I really look forward to watching the polished version to the point of insanity leading up to the premiere!

I met with composer Jesse Ewing last weekend, and what he's come up with so far, score-wise, is unique, striking, and very noisy. If you've seen the trailer, which Jesse did a dynamite job on, you have the tiniest idea of what's in store for you in the final film. I'm hearing things that, literally, are new to my ears.

Well, I suppose I should save some stuff for future posts. Be sure to check back at www.thenocturnalthird.com for updates! You can also keep up with the production at Wonder Mill's Facebook page and you should definitely follow us on Twitter.

Oh, and if you haven't seen the new A Genesis Found site (www.agenesisfound.com), you're missing something special... and to think, that's just the beginning! Stay tuned for some big stuff in the next few months.

Thanks for reading, guys. Talk to you soon.

-Ben

1 comment:

  1. In this post very nicely describe about all features of film post-production including final animation, color correction, composites, and it's even missing a few essential shots. SO thanks for share this valuable information.
    voice over brisbane

    ReplyDelete