Monday, December 19, 2011

DOODLES - 12/19/11

I figured I'd drop a quick line while I plug the latest blog post. Check that out here. It's called "The Fellowship of the Ring, 10 Years Later – A DIY Filmmaker Looks Back". Some other quick thoughts:

-I'm making good headway in planning out our 2012. I'll be honest when I say that Christmas shopping has taken top priority.

-A bunch of us checked out Mission:Impossible - Ghost Protocol in digital IMAX last week. I think it's safe to say that Brad Bird belongs in the same camp as a Steven Spielberg or a John McTiernan; that being a filmmaker that makes a strong case for "action as art".

-I was also fortunate enough to catch the prologue for The Dark Knight Rises. I'm not sure I can add anything more interesting to the ongoing cultural dialogue about this movie, but it looks like it's going to be a ton of fun.

-We have a pretty cool opportunity that's been presented to us for The Nocturnal Third, and I should have more details in the next week or so.

-Other than that, I've not really been able to consume much media on top of work, movie prep, and social gatherings. Of course, Danielle and I would be remiss to keep any Rankin Bass Christmas specials out of our DVD player. Is there a more elusively magical cinematic art than stop motion?

Merry Christmas, guys.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment