Sunday, January 8, 2012

Most Anticipated Movies of 2012

It's going to be a big one... lots of branding will be going on at the theaters this year. The hard pill to swallow is that so many of these franchise entries have a fair chance of being really good:


1. Gravity
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Lincoln
4. Inside Llewyn Davis
5. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
6. The Avengers
7. Django Unchained
8. Looper
9. Prometheus
10. TIE: Skyfall / The Bourne Legacy



That's my list. The only one I feel the need to qualify is my number one pick. If you haven't heard about Gravity, it's the newest film from Alfonso Cuaron, whom I find to be one of the most dense and brilliant filmmakers alive. I don't know if I've anticipated a Sandra Bullock film since Speed 2: Cruise Control, but I have the feeling her Oscar win might have liberated her a bit. I'm really looking forward to what Cuaron does with another science fiction thriller.

Feel free to chime in!

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment