Thursday, May 19, 2011

House of Mirrors

Considering how much has gone into the production of N3rd, there haven't been too many tasks that I might call torturous. Mixing sound has been a very, very hard process, but I can appreciate that fiery trial. I'm now working on editing the "making of" documentary for the DVD extra features, and it is pretty tedious.

Rifling through hours of footage of good folks talking about the film seems like it might be rewarding, but it's not; I feel dirty and vain. I'm trying my hardest to treat it like any paid editing gig, as I didn't write the script- which is a huge advantage.

If I get a free minute, I might post some excerpts of unused interview footage. Despite my guilt, there are some good, constructive, and exciting insights.

-Ben (writer/director)

No comments:

Post a Comment